Next year’s Senior Student Council were announced at a Secondary assembly last Wednesday. Student Council Co-ordinator, Alison Woodhall-Jones, remarked that the calibre of applicants was very high. “I was impressed with these students from the outset,” she said, referring to the Year 11 Leadership Day with Mark Clayden last term, which began the selection process.
After the Leadership Day, the students were invited to submit applications for the Student Council. Their progress on the day, as well as feedback from teachers and an interview with Miss Woodhall-Jones, contributed to their position on the council. Students also expressed their interest in a particular portfolio, which they will run for the next twelve months.
The following Senior Student Council will take up their roles at the end of this term, after the current Year 12 students finish:
- Head Boy and Girl: Justin McClurg and Hannah Armstrong
- Student Council President: Ibra’him Bhorat
- Environment Portfolio: Eva Burkhardt and Mika Langley
- Arts Portfolio: Lucinda Palmer and Shaun McGowan
- Sports Portfolio: Joel Anderson and Isis Gutteridge
- Mission Portfolio: Aimee Horton, Lanah Burge, Lily Fullarton and Ethan Milicich
- Media & Music Portfolio: Eddy Rodda, Alastair Bruce and Hannah Lee-Reynolds
House Coordinators are now conducting interviews for the rest of the Student Council, and selections will be made before the end of the term. “The students applying are all fantastic again,” said Miss Woodhall-Jones, “which makes the decision very difficult!”