Head of Learning Area – The Arts (K-12)
St Mary MacKillop College is committed to providing quality K-12 Catholic education in the South West region. We are a supportive, caring community with modern facilities designed to engage students and bring learning to life.tio
Commencing January 2023 this is a full time, ongoing position
Reporting to the Heads of Senior and Middle School, the HOLA – The Arts (K-12) offers an opportunity for an enthusiastic, experienced and highly motivated teacher to coordinate and lead their respective Learning Area within our College.
The successful applicant must have:
- A strong commitment to the ethos of Catholic Education and a willingness to promote and support Catholic values as a member of the St Mary MacKillop College Community.
- Current and full registration with the Teacher Registration Board of Western Australia (TRBWA).
- A minimum of five (5) years’ of teaching experience.
Other success factors include:
- Have proven experience in a similar or related role within a school environment.
- Have an educational vision and strong sense of purpose consistent with the College Mission.
- Have completed, or be happy to commit to work toward, 'Accreditation to Teach in a Catholic School'.
- Be able to demonstrate effective leadership, sound management and interpersonal skills, and the ability to lead and facilitate change within a collaborative and innovative environment.
- Have a proven ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Have a proven record of success as a secondary teacher with an extensive knowledge of current educational theory and contemporary learning and teaching practices.
- Have demonstrated the ability to assist in the development of community amongst staff, students and parents.
- Have demonstrated an ongoing commitment to enhancing student development.
For further information regarding this position download a copy of the Job Description
To apply for this position:
- Application Form - HOLA - Arts
- Selection Criteria - Head of Learning Area
- send with a covering letter and all requested attachments to:
The Principal, St Mary MacKillop College, PO Box 5370, West Busselton WA 6280
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Friday 19 August 2022