Secondary English Teacher
St Mary MacKillop College is committed to providing quality K-12 Catholic education in the South West region. We are a supportive, caring community with modern facilities designed to engage students and bring learning to life.
This is a Full Time ongoing position Commencing in January 2023
A St Mary MacKillop College teacher encourages each student to discover and develop their interests and talents in order to become the best they can be. Providing innovative and best practice teaching, students will grow and develop lifelong learning attributes. Your role is to plan, organise and deliver educational programs, modelled within the Catholic Ethos, in a positive learning environment.
The successful applicant will have:
As a minimum relevant qualifications, either:
- Current registration with Teacher Registration Board of WA (TRBWA)
- Willingness to promote and support Catholic values as a member of the St Mary MacKillop College community, along with the ability to demonstrate the completion, or working towards, Accreditation to Teach in a Catholic School.
- A current Working with Children Check
- A valid National Police Criminal History Check.
We are seeking someone that:
- Has a passion for creative writing and reading
- Encourages students to develop a love of reading for both comprehension and enjoyment
- Familiarity of evidence based strategies for improving student literacy outcomes
- Is competent with the use of technology in the classroom, online strategies and digital process software
- Has demonstrated competence in adopting a range of strategies with students that enables them to grow and flourish
For further information regarding this position download a copy of the Job Description
To apply for this position:
- English Teacher Application Form
- send with a covering letter and all requested attachments to:
The Principal, St Mary MacKillop College, PO Box 5370, West Busselton WA 6280 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Friday 19 August 2022