Secondary Maths Teacher
St Mary MacKillop College is committed to providing quality K-12 Catholic education in the South West region. We are a supportive, caring community with modern facilities designed to engage students and bring learning to life.
Commencing in January 2023 this is a Full Time temporary position for 12 months
A St Mary MacKillop College teacher encourages each student to discover and develop their interests and talents in order to become the best they can be. Providing innovative and best practice teaching, students will grow and develop lifelong learning attributes. Your role is to plan, organise and deliver educational programs, modelled within the Catholic Ethos, in a positive learning environment.
The successful applicant will have:
As a minimum relevant qualifications, either:
- Under graduate degree in a specific discipline with a Graduate Diploma of Education (Secondary), or
- Bachelor of Education
- Previous experience teaching ATAR Mathematics is highly desirable.
- Willingness to promote and support Catholic values as a member of the St Mary MacKillop College community
- Current registration with Teacher Registration Board of WA (TRBWA)
- A current Working with Children Check
- A valid National Police Criminal History Check.
We are seeking someone that:
- Encourages students to develop passion for maths by helping them to build confidence in their skills
- Confidently explains concepts and processes and has the ability to help students see the connection between maths and its real life applications
- Keeps up with best practices in Maths education and is able to adapt to changes within the curriculum
- Has demonstrated competence in adopting a range of strategies with students that enables them to grow and flourish.
- Is competent with the use of technology in the classroom, online strategies and digital process software
- Uses a range of strategies to help students grasp difficult concepts and assist students with learning difficulties
For further information regarding this position download a copy of the Job Description
To apply for this position:
- Teacher Application Form - Maths
- send with a covering letter and all requested attachments to:
The Principal, St Mary MacKillop College, PO Box 5370, West Busselton WA 6280 or email to email@example.com
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Friday 19 August 2022