Aboriginal Liaison Officer
St Mary MacKillop College is committed to providing quality K-12 Catholic education in the South West region. We are a supportive, caring community with modern facilities designed to engage students and bring learning to life.
This is a temporary full time position for Term 4 2017 with the view (dependant on funding) of continuing with similar conditions in 2018
Reporting to the Head of Ministry the Aboriginal Liaison Officer will work directly with Aboriginal students and their families at St Mary MacKillop College. The work of the ALO is directly focused on improving the access and engagement of Aboriginal students and improving their educational outcomes. They will aim to provide a secure learning environment for the students and provide a referral point for Aboriginal families and agencies within the region.
The successful applicant will have:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Aboriginal Heritage.
- An understanding of cultural protocols and sensitivities.
- The ability to provide guidance and instruction.
- A willingness to promote and support Catholic values as a member of the St Mary MacKillop College community.
- A current Working with Children Check.
- A valid Crim Check
It is desirable that they will:
- Have experience in a similar or related role preferably within a school environment.
- Have completed a Certificate III or Certificate IV in Education Support.
- Have a proven ability to work in a collaborative environment as a member of a team.
For further information regarding this position download a copy of the Job Description
To apply for this position:
- Aboriginal Liasion Officer Application Form
- send with a covering letter and all requested attachments to:
The Principal, St Mary MacKillop College, PO Box 5370, West Busselton WA 6280 or email to email@example.com
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Friday 15 September 2017