Digital Technology Teacher
St Mary MacKillop College is committed to providing quality K-12 Catholic education in the South West region. We are a supportive, caring community with modern facilities designed to engage students and bring learning to life.
This is a full time ongoing position commencing 2020
A St Mary MacKillop College teacher encourages each student to discover and develop their interests and talents in order to become the best they can be. Providing innovative and best practice teaching, students will grow and develop lifelong learning attributes.
Reporting to the Heads of School and the HOLA of Technology & Enterprise the role of the Digital Technology teacher is to plan, organise and deliver educational programs, modelled within the Catholic Ethos, in a positive learning environment.
The successful applicant will have:
As a minimum relevant qualifications, either:
- Under graduate degree in a specific discipline with a Graduate Diploma of Education (Secondary), or
- Bachelor of Education
- Willingness to promote and support Catholic values as a member of the St Mary MacKillop College community
- Current Teachers Registration, Working with Children Check and valid Crim Check
We are seeking someone that:
- Will create and deliver dynamic Digital Technology programs for Years 5-12 in line with SCSA and the Western Australian Curriculum, appropriate to each year level
- Has experience and is competent using a range of digital technologies to enhance the learning experience for students as they use computational thinking and digital systems
- Ensures a high quality learning environment within the Digital Technologies area
- Is a role model for students, inspiring them to be actively interested in Digital Technology
- Contributes to the development, implementation and evaluation of teaching units
- Has the ability to teach a range of subjects in the Design & Technology learning area - desirable but not essential
For further information regarding this position download a copy of the Job Description
To apply for this position:
- Application Form
- send with a covering letter and all requested attachments to:
The Principal, St Mary MacKillop College, PO Box 5370, West Busselton WA 6280 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Friday 6 September 2019