Food Technology & Hospitality Assistant
St Mary MacKillop College is committed to providing quality K-12 Catholic education in the South West region. We are a supportive, caring community with modern facilities designed to engage students and bring learning to life.
- Fulltime - Ongoing
- Monday to Friday - 40 weeks per annum
- Commencing January 2020
Reporting to the Head of Learning Area - Technology & Enterprise and the Business Manager, the Food Technology & Hospitality Assistant will also work collaboratively with other teaching and support staff as well as parents and students.
They are responsible for assisting the Food Technology and Hospitality teachers to ensure that all Food and Hospitality classes are conducted in a safe and effective manner and to assist with the smooth running of this busy department as well as assisting with Special Events.
The successful applicant will have:
- Experience in food preparation and assisting with cooking in a classroom environment
- Experience assisting in the delivery of Food Technology curriculum and VET qualifications (highly desirable)
- A working knowledge of relevant food handling and hygiene policies
- A familiarity with the relevant Health & Safety policies
- A current Working with Children Check and Crim Track Clearance (or be willing to obtain)
They will be:
- Able to demonstrate highly effective communication and interpersonal skills so as to engage positively with colleagues, students and parents
- Available to assist (sometimes outside working hours) at Food Technology and Hospitality events as required
- Prepared to participate in co-curricular activities as required
- Willing to uphold the ethos of Catholic education
For further information regarding this position download a copy of the Job Description.
To apply for this position:
- Appplication Form
- and send with a covering letter and current resume to:
The Principal, St Mary MacKillop College, PO Box 5370, West Busselton WA 6280
or email to email@example.com
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Friday 6 September 2019