Teacher Assistants – Primary and Secondary
St Mary MacKillop College is committed to providing quality K-12 Catholic education in the South West region. We are a supportive, caring community with modern facilities designed to engage students and bring learning to life.
Commencing in March we are looking for Teacher Assistants on both our Primary and Secondary Campuses. There are a range of part-time, full-time and relief positions available for 2020.
A St Mary MacKillop College Teacher’s Assistant supports teachers whose role it is to encourage each student to discover and develop their interests and talents in order to become the best they can be. The role of the Teacher Assistant is to give assistance to any student/s in the class as requested (by the student or teacher) and to provide additional support for students with special educational needs.
The successful applicants will have:
- As a minimum a Certificate IV in Education Support (Special Needs) or Certificate III in Education Support and Certificate IV in Disability.
- Previous experience working with the personal care of students with a disability.
- A Working with Children's Clearance and Crim Trac Clearance
- A willingness to promote and support Catholic values as a member of the St Mary MacKillop College community.
We are seeking someone that:
- Shows initiative, work independently and contribute to the management of a dynamic Learning Support team
- Wholeheartedly embraces the culture and vision of the College
- Possess the ability to develop positive and constructive relationships
- Gives assistance to staff, families and students in supporting students
- Has a positive, compassionate nature with highly effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Maintains a high standard of confidentiality regarding all aspects of College students, staff, procedures and practices
- Is prepared to participate in co-curricular activities
For further information regarding these positions download a copy of the Job Description Teacher's Assistant - Special Needs
To apply for this position:
- Teacher Assistant - Application Form
- and send with a covering letter and current resume to:
The Principal, St Mary MacKillop College, PO Box 5370, West Busselton WA 6280
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Friday 13 March 2020