Assembly and Awards 3RT – Shakespeare
Mr Thomson’s Year 3 class have been exploring the magic of Shakespeare, and they shared this enjoyment of his various plays in their assembly recently.
From a cackling “Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble” to the island of ‘The Tempest’, the students showed their enthusiasm for the rhyme, comedy and dark drama of Shakespeare’s pen.
They also drew comparisons between Shakespeare and more familiar stories, such as MacBeth’s similarity to the storyline of The Lion King.
But it came as no surprise that one of the favourite parts of Shakespearean drama for these Year 3 students seemed to be the sword fighting.
MERIT AWARDS (24 August):
- Pre Primary – Oliver Lague, Jake McGuigan, Kade Cribb, Mitchell Avery, Eleanor Keuning
- Year 1 – Jace Taylor, Alexander Brennan, Olivia Curtis
- Year 2 – Samantha Burrows, Oscar Watson, Cooper Hallyburton, Makenzie Dunlop
- Year 3 – Ari Green, Darcie Lawty, Ethan Farmer, Jackson Hills, Taj Cross, Tayla Allen
- Year 4 – Alex Dollisson, Stella Avery, James Winch-Buist, India Regan, Aydan Brennan, Jaxon Taylor, Alexis Marshall
- Year 5 – Madison Budrovich, Samuel Power, Isabel Fuller, Preston Potter
MERIT AWARDS (31 August):
- Pre Primary – Sienna Miller, Millie Bryant, Montanna Laverty, Amelia Gray, Violet Harrison-Ward
- Year 1 – Room 4 Whole class, Connor Crampton, Chelsea Harslett
- Year 2 – Will Armstrong, Amelia Franklin, Rubin Williams
- Year 3 – Elijah Caruana, Matilda Verhoeff, Rykah Adeley, Levi Fox
- Year 4 – Poppy Morgan, Jake McGuiness, Tyler Bruce, Kaydyn Deeprose, Cameron Hegarty, Bailey Dunlop
- Year 5 – Beau Johnson, Katie Po, Bailey Ford, Elsie Callegari
- Year 6 – Charlize McKeag, Inez Jeanes-Waterson, Hamish Hodges, Hannah Burrows, Jessie Mackay, Reed Bennet
- Reading Recovery – Naite Cribb
- AR Reading – Eddie Culnane, Lucy Franklin, Nelle Hansen, Madeleine Harvey, Dembe Cruden