St Mary MacKillop College inspires students to choose life with courage, not only for themselves but for others. From Kindergarten to Year 7, students are introduced to the idea of service by focusing on the integrity of Saint Mary MacKillop and her ideal that we “should never see a need without doing something about it.”
A spirit of service begins at home and among peers, exploring areas where a child’s developing skills and unique talents can be applied to help others as their world expands.
- Students focus on the teachings of Pope Francis and our role as stewards of the environment by learning about conservation and sustainability.
- Students participate in National Environmental Awareness days.
- Students are challenged to see that by changing their attitude they can change the world.
- Students are encouraged to find ways to use their individual talents to contribute positively to our College community.
- Students become involved in local volunteer programs.
- In Year 10, opportunities to serve beyond the College build confidence in each student’s ability to make a difference.
- In Year 11 and 12, students source community volunteer opportunities and represent the College in service activities.
- Annual 12-day immersion experience in Timor l ‘Este and the mountain village of Baguia.