Year 6 Night of the Notables

Year 6 Night of the Notables

On Tuesday evening, the Year 6 students presented amazing displays and dressed as their chosen notable person. The students answered questions and offered give-aways for an interested crowd of parents and children. It was an enjoyable night where everyone got to learn about different notable people from around the world, from both history and the present.

- by Shailana Cruz and Celerina Reyes

“I thought the night was a big success.” – Walt Disney (Max Watson)

“I thought the night was interesting and fun, I learnt a lot.” – Ian Thorpe (West Townsend)

“The night was amazing and hilarious. It was the biggest and best project I have ever done. It is the first time we have done this at our school.” – Layne Beachley (Felicity Watson)

“I loved how nice and polite the parents were and I’m very thankful for all of the parents and teachers help at the start and end.” – Malala Yousafzai (Rori McLeod)

“I felt the 10 week project was fun and interesting to do. We were the first Year 6 class in our school to do this. The night was fun and exciting. Everyone got to meet notable people and learn something new.” – Sally Ride (Brandi Green)

“I answered so many questions and I thought the night was such a big success.” – Cathy Freeman (Gabriel Doolan)

“I thought it was a blast.” – Charles Darwin (Thomas Toohey)

“Everyone looked fantastic in their costumes.” – Princess Diana (Meg Olden)