New Leadership & Support Staff for 2018

New Leadership & Support Staff for 2018

The College’s leadership and support staff play a crucial role in the Primary campus, reinforcing the link between home and school in areas of administrative, pastoral and learning support. With Ms Anne Tan returning to Perth, we welcome a new Assistant Head of Primary in 2018, and also a new role in Learning Support Coordinator from Kindy to Year 4.

We asked Heath and Jo to tell us a bit about what drives them, and who they are when they’re not at school.

nankivell-heath

Heath Nankivell (Assistant Head of Primary)

“I am looking forward to taking on the role of Assistant Head of Primary at St Mary MacKillop College from 2018. I currently work in the Junior School of Aquinas College in Perth and have been at Aquinas for nine years.

“I love seeing innovative and creative ways that students and teachers use technology to enhance learning, inside and outside the classroom. Of particular interest to me are the many resources used to teach coding, and I look forward to working on this with students and teachers next year.

“My wife, six-month-old daughter and dog are very excited about joining the St Mary MacKillop community and can’t wait to take in all the beautiful surrounds of the living in the South-West.”

jo-hart-alt

Jo Hart (Learning Support Coordinator K-4)

“I am passionate about teaching and learning, and the thrill of witnessing children succeed with even the smallest of challenges, drives me to teach them new concepts and skills, and to set them new challenges. It is always a privilege to be entrusted with the care and education of our young children.

“At home I cherish our regular family activities: playing cricket in the park, walking the dog, exploring many playgrounds and challenging the young and old in some noisy and fun games. I also like to engage in quiet activities such as sewing new creations and reading a good book.”

If you see Heath and Jo in the community these holidays, be sure to make them feel welcome.