New Primary Teachers

New Primary Teachers

Next year we are pleased to welcome four new teachers to the Primary campus, who bring their passion and enthusiasm for teaching to Pre Primary and Years 1, 3 and 6. We asked Ryan, Jessie, Carrie-Ann and Claire to tell us a little bit about what drives them and who they are when they’re not at school./p>

ryan-clark

Ryan Clark (Year 6 teacher)

“The ability to obtain knowledge from the world around us and then to share it with others is the true essence of teaching. I am a passionate teacher who works with the students to create a learning environment where there is a mutual respect between teacher and student. My greatest strength as a teacher would be the optimism and positivity I bring to the classroom and the strong rapport I have with my students.

“When not teaching I am surfing. Before the sun rises and until the sun sets, you’ll find me in the surf.”

jessie-pilpel

Jessie Pilpel (Year 3 teacher)

You might recognise Miss Pilpel from the relief teaching she did here in Year 4 during third term, while Mrs Dumbrell was on leave.

“I am passionate about teaching students the importance of working together and collaborating. I believe an important part of learning in education is helping students to become active listeners, negotiators and problem solvers. If we can help students to develop these lifelong skills, then we are giving the next generation tools they need to also maintain positive relationships and enhance future job prospects.

“I come from a performing arts background and am passionate about incorporating music and drama into the classroom. I believe drama helps students to express themselves, and music is a fantastic way to support students in learning and retaining information.”

carrie-ann-smith

Carrie-Ann Smith (Year 1 teacher)

Miss Smith stepped in for Mr Ball as our Specialist Art teacher this term, so most students will have met her already. It is a pleasure to have her back next year in the classroom.

“I have recently moved to Dunsborough after three years teaching in the Kimberley. I am passionate about brain development and how students learn, and I’m also a trained numeracy specialist.

“The climate is a bit different down south, so I have traded my wakeboard for a surfboard, and I’m already enjoying everything the region has to offer.”

claire-peirce

Claire Peirce (Pre Primary teacher)

“After 20 years teaching, the majority working in Early Childhood Education, I am passionate about working with young children. I enjoy using nature and play-based learning to help each student reach their potential.

“Having three active children, I enjoy all things outdoors with my family. I love whole-foods cooking, and since moving to Busselton, I have taken up running. I recently ran a half marathon in Busselton and hope to do another one next year.”